Monday, December 9, 2013

approaching Winter Solstice

Winter Solstice usually marks the shortest day of the year.  I find myself dreading it's approach a little since there is less and less daylight and you start to really feel it.  I notice it most in the mornings; it takes longer for the sun to rise so when I milk the goats at 6am, it's dark the entire time.  Just a month ago it the sun would start to rise as I would finish up.  

The nice thing about this time of year is the opportunity to plan.  I have breeding plans (Siren was bred in late October, due in late March.  Zada will be bred in a few weeks, due hopefully in late May), garden plans, seed ordering plans, seed starting plans, how to spend the tax refund plans, the next thing to cross off our list-plans.  Lotsa plans.  

What are your winter plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment